Marine Research and Development Manager
On behalf of our client, a shipping company based in Limassol is looking for a talented Research and Development Manager who can perform several important roles within our organization.
The position’s main role is to be responsible for research, planning, and implementing new programs, protocols and EU funding opportunities into our company as well as to oversee the entire development process of new products and programs within the organization.
The Research and Development Manager has direct access to the Chief Executive Officer(s) and directly reports to him/them.
· Active participation will be required from the initial planning phase to implementation or production including preparation of marketing plans related to the creation of these new products.
· Supervise the Research/ Business Development Department.
· Observe EU and other funding programs for funding opportunities.
· Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
· Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
· Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
· Finding and developing new markets.
· Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
· Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
· Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
· Collaborating with the Chief Executive Officers to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
· Follow up IMO meetings and updates, Maritime Rules and Regulations and Flag Administration requirements to ensure compliance of the Company’s QMS.
· Develop and distribute Circulars and Publications related to the maritime industry and international maritime standards.
· Develop and organize trainings, both classroom and online
· Analyzing competitors' products to determine product features, benefits, shortfalls, and market success.
· A Bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering, shipping, or business administration is required.
· EU work permit is a must
· At least five (5) years’ experience in R&D with minimum two (2) years in shipping.
· Experience in funding programs will be considered an advantage.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
· Ability to adhere to deadlines.
· Fluency in English both written and spoken.
· Computer literate.
· 21 annual paid day
· 13rd salary
· Provident fund provided
· Healthy working environment
· Developmental ongoing training
If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV to email@example.com